It’s strawberry season! When the time comes around for fresh strawberries, we love to get them fresh-picked from the farmer’s market or the roadside stands. Those bright red piles of deliciousness packed in their little green baskets just make us so happy. We’re always looking for new ways to enjoy the bounty when strawberry season hits. That’s why I created this recipe for Strawberry Bundt Cake. It’s the perfect sweet treat for brunch.
The sweet, red fruit makes the cake bright pink and so tasty. Offsetting this sweet bundt cake, a dollop of cream cheese adds just the right amount of creamy tang. It’s the perfect pairing so the overall combination is not overly sweet and cloying. Instead, you get a bite full of strawberry flavor with a nice creamy complement.
Strawberry Bundt Cake Recipe
One of the things that makes this recipe for strawberry bundt cake even better is that the fruit does not have to be perfect. You know when you get a basket of strawberries and the ones on top are always big, perfect and beautiful? But the ones on the bottom are sometimes less perfectly shaped? Well, those are the strawberries we use for this recipe. They are just as delicious, and we’re going to cut them up anyway so it doesn’t matter what shape they take.
We also love this recipe because it is so darn easy to make as a fun sweet treat for brunch. Just a few simple ingredients combined to make a tasty strawberry-flavored cake. Wait until you see just how easily this cake comes together.
Recipe for Strawberry Bundt Cake
The beauty of this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients and packs in the strawberry flavor. If you like strawberries, then this recipe for Strawberry Bundt Cake is for your next brunch bonanza!
Serves 12 (or maybe 2 depending on how much you like it haha)
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 package of strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup strawberry pie filling (canned) or strawberry preserves
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 container spreadable cream cheese (I used Tillamook Farmstyle Seriously Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread)
Instructions for Strawberry Bundt Cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or butter and lightly flour inside of bundt pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, water, oil and gelatin using an electric mixer on high until combined – about 2-3 minutes. Add in fresh strawberries and pie filling or preserves, and gently mix with spoon.
- Pour evenly into bundt pan and make sure batter reaches all crevices and shape of pan.
- Place pan in center of oven, and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before inverting over cooling rack. Tap across top of pan with back of wooden spook to ensure cake releases from all crevices inside pan. (I learned this trick the hard way!)
- Once cake is completely cooled, slice and serve topped with a generous dollop of cream cheese spread and more fresh strawberries.
- Enjoy the delicious flavor of this recipe for Strawberry Bundt Cake, and watch your family help it disappear before your very eyes.
Other Recipes Like This One
If you like this recipe for Strawberry Bundt Cake, check out these other similar cake recipes our family loves too:
Pistachio Pudding Cake Recipe – rich and moist with pistachio pudding mixed in
Bourbon Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe – a little sweet, a little tangy, a little boozy