This blog post and recipe for OREO Tuxedo Brownies is created in partnership with OREO Cookies, and all content expressed here is our own.
In our house, we can’t help but celebrate Pride all year long. Since June is officially Pride Month, we’re going all out and being extra festive by partnering with OREO Cookies and Walmart. They are making a big donation to PFLAG (Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays). We love OREO Cookies, so we’re celebrating with our recipe for OREO Tuxedo Brownies.
OREO Tuxedo Brownie Recipe
I created this recipe for OREO Tuxedo Brownies one day when I had several packages of OREO Cookies in the house. Some were the traditional OREO Cookies with chocolate wafers and creme centers. We also had Golden OREO Cookies with vanilla wafers and that famous crème filling. So I thought they would taste great together in a brownie, and they sure do.
These brownies are perfect for OREO Cookie lovers. They have a fudgy brownie cake center combined with the crunchy deliciousness of the OREO Cookies. They are also fun to eat because of the whole black and white tuxedo effect. And they are super easy to make!
Ingredients for making OREO Tuxedo Brownie Recipe
- 1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 8 Traditional Chocolate OREO Cookies
- 8 Golden OREO Cookies
- ¼ cup Chocolate OREO Cookies, chopped into chunks
- ¼ cup Golden OREO Cookies, chopped into chunks
Directions for making OREO Tuxedo Brownie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again. Repeat these steps until mixture is completely blended and very hot.
- Remove from microwave and add vanilla and eggs, mixing well until fully combined.
- Stir in flour until combined, and then fold in half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour half of this batter into the baking pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the whole OREO Cookies evenly across the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle remaining Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and White Chocolate Chips.
- Pour remaining batter into pan and sprinkle top with chopped OREO Cookie pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out nearly clean.
- Cool completely before cutting. (Best when served slightly warm!)
Enjoy with a big glass of milk for dunking, or a dollop of vanilla ice cream for a quick sundae treat!