I am a Perdue Farms Brand Ambassador and they have sponsored this post about my recipe for Sirloin Steak with Everything Bagel Spice. I may receive compensation from affiliate links within this post.
I’m obsessed with everything bagel spice right now, and that just isn’t on bagels. Don’t get me wrong, I do love a fresh everything bagel smeared with cream cheese. From New York preferably. I guess I’m just kind of extra that way, but there is something about that combination of spices that makes my mouth water. If you feel the same, then this recipe for Sirloin Steak with Everything Bagel Spice is for you (too)!
The savory collection of everythings that go on a bagel have tantalized me since my first taste. It’s salty and crunchy and tart – all the things that seem to go perfectly on a nice soft bagel. Therefore, it just makes sense to transfer those flavors to other foods. Recently I share a quick and easy recipe for Egg Breakfast Muffins on my Instagram stories, using everything bagel spice. And then our close friend Erica brought over an everything bagel salad that was to die for.
And now I bring you a recipe for Sirloin Steak with Everything Bagel Spice that will blow your mind.
What is Everything Bagel Spice?
If you know, you know. If not, let me explain. Everything bagels come rolled in a combination of things that creates a distinctive flavor. Basically, it contains the following ingredients:
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- minced dried onion
- minced dried garlic
- chunky sea salt
You can make everything bagel seasoning at home if you are feeling energetic, or you can be like me and buy it already made from places like Trader Joe’s. Not that I am lacking in energy or anything, but I’ve learned to prioritize my time. (And also my years have taught me that we can cut ourselves a break now and then!)
Either way, it tastes great in my recipe for Sirloin Steaks with Everything Bagel Spice.
Start with the Right Steak
When I heard about putting everything bagel spice on steak, I had to try it right away. Really it’s not that hard, but choosing the right cut of meat is the most important step. I don’t care how good the topping tastes, the quality of the steak means everything to the taste of the meal.
That’s why I get my steaks from Perdue Farms, where I specifically like their Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Beef Sirloin Steaks. I bought them in a Panorama Meat Sampler bundle that came with a combination of sirloin steaks, beef steak strips, beef stew meat and ground beef. That’s nearly 17 pounds of beef for only $69.99! If buy them from my link here, you can receive some cool benefits for clicking from my site too.
Recipe for Sirloin Steak with Everything Bagel Spice
- Two 10-oz. packs Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Beef Sirloin Steaks (4 steaks total)
- 4 teaspoons Everything Bagel Spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove steaks from packaging and pat dry. Slather the four steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil, coating the outsides of each steak with a thin layer.
- On a plate, add 1 teaspoon of Everything Bagel Spice on top of each steak and rub it. You want the spices to steak to the surface of the steak on all sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place steaks flat on the the bottom of the pan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut.
- Turn steaks and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on dish to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve whole or sliced. (I prefer to slice the steak in 1-inch strips before serving. Looks more appetizing and you get to see the doneness of the meat that way.)
This recipe for Sirloin Steak with Everything Bagel Spice is delicious served a variety of ways. You can plate it with potatoes and a vegetable for a hearty main dish. Or it tastes great in a green salad with bleu cheese dressing and sliced red onion. The next day, I love to slice it thinly and enjoy in a sandwich with slice of tomato.