My friend Patti is an admitted chocoholic. Coming from a family of chocoholics, I know what this feels like and fully support this addiction! I mean if I’m going to be addicted to anything, chocolate is the least of my worries haha. To feed her addition – and mine – she created this recipe for Chocolate Mousse with Brandy that is a whole other level of chocolaty goodness.
Patti describes herself as an equal opportunity addict. She’ll enjoy milk chocolate, dark chocolate and even white chocolate (which technically isn’t really chocolate at all). At our house, we’re all over the board. I like dark chocolate and so does Triton. The girls are pretty specific about liking only milk chocolate, and at their age I felt the same. It’s only as I’ve grown older that my taste for dark chocolate has overtaken the others.
But this recipe for Chocolate Mousse with Brandy checks all the boxes.
Recipe for Chocolate Mousse with Brandy
This recipe for chocolate mousse checks all of the boxes for me. It’s easy to whip up in a short amount of time using simple ingredients. The flavor, thanks to the brandy and espresso, is rich – but not too sweet – with a sophisticated tone. The hardest thing about the recipe? Waiting overnight for the mousse to set!
Chocolate Mousse with Brandy
Makes 6 – 8 servings
Ingredients for Recipe for Chocolate Mousse with Brandy
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 ounce package of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons brandy
1. Beat egg whites and sugar, adding sugar a little at a time, until stiff.
2. Scald the milk: Put the milk in a sauce pan with a heavy bottom. Heat the milk over medium heat, stirring regularly, until just below boiling, when small bubbles start to form around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat.
3. In a blender, add yolks, chocolate chips, instant espresso, brandy and milk. Blend until liquified.
4. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites until no white is showing. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate overnight.
5. Before serving, garnish with any combination of the following: whipping cream, chocolate curls or sprinkles, cocoa powder, white chocolate leaves.Print Recipe
Got a Sweet Tooth?
If you have a hankering for other delicious dessert recipes, try these:
(Guess we like pistachios, huh?)