Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and roasted walnuts (optional)
Instructions to Make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Fill a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, yogurt and oil until smooth.
- Mix in each egg, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- While hand-stirring the pumpkin mixture, slowly add in the flour mixture until fully combined. Do not over mix or the cupcakes will be too dense and heavy.
- Using a large spoon, transfer the batter to fill each cupcake liner almost all the the way full.
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 26-28 minutes. (A toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes should comes out clean.)
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then remove and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When completely cool, frost pumpkin spice cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting and top with roasted walnuts (if desired).
Instructions to make Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using an electric beater, whip the cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- Beat in the sugar until combined and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract.
This Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe is the Taste of Autumn
Enjoy these little morsels of Autumn-in-a-cupcake! Don’t forget to store your pumpkin spice cupcakes in an airtight container. I put mine in the frig to keep the frosting fresh because of the cream cheese. Eat them cold or take them out and let them sit for 30 minutes to warm up to room temperature. Either way they are delicious!
(We’re wondering what they might taste like accompanied by a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks???)
If you like this recipe, try our Cinnamon Crunch Pumpkin Bread recipe.