I guess it’s the time of year where we just cannot get enough of the pumpkin. It all starts with the hype around a certain coffee company’s pumpkin spice latte, and it just keeps rolling through Thanksgiving. Not to be left behind, our family jumped on this bandwagon too. We love this Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling because it has contains some of our favorite flavors. And it fits the Pumpkin Season theme!
Velvety smooth pumpkin is spiced up and wrapped around delicious sweet cream cheese and topped with nuts. What’s not to like about that?!?! Our Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling is kind of like a combination of regular cake and cheese cake. I bet you’ll like it as much as our family does.
Plus, it’s very easy to prepare for dessert at night or for breakfast with a cup of hot coffee. Or both.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling
Yes, this is not a low-fat recipe. I wouldn’t even know how to convert it to that, but sometimes you just gotta go for it. It’s the holidays, after all!
Makes 2 loaves
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling
For Pumpkin Bread:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped candied cashews or walnuts (optional)
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Instructions for making Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour two 9×5-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 8 ingredients through vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine gently with a spatula or spoon until just combined. Do not over mix or bread will be too dense and tough.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pans, and set aside.
- Using a separate bowl, add all the filling ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour filling mixture into the pans on top of bread batter, careful not to reach the sides of the pan.
- Pour remaining pumpkin bread batter on top, smoothing the top. Gently swirl the bread batter and cream cheese using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle nuts on top and push slightly into batter with clean spatula or fingers. (If desired)
- Bake for about 40 minutes, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack before serving.
Enjoy our Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling any time of the year. But in the Fall especially, the flavors and smell of this bread will make your tummy soooooo happy.
Like Pumpkin Flavored Treats?
If you like our Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese Filling, you’ve got to try our Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe! It’s got similar flavors in a different shape, basically. Yum!