Some side dishes just stay favorites through the generations, and Patti’s easy Creamed Spinach recipe is one of them. It’s a bit of an upgrade from the traditional (it’s got bacon in it, which is always an upgrade in my kitchen!). We think this dish goes very well alongside meat like steak and lamb. That’s why we are recommending it paired with our delicious Lemon Garlic Marinated Lamb Loin Chops recipe.
Patti’s Easy Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Two boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T softened butter
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- Dash of nutmeg
- Several dashes garlic powder
- Couple of shakes Worchestershire sauce
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Niman Ranch bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl, cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Heat in microwave when ready to serve and top with grated cheese and bacon crumbles.