Some side dishes just stay favorites through the generations, and Patti’s easy Creamed Spinach recipe is one of them. It’s a bit of an upgrade from the traditional (it’s got bacon in it, which is always an upgrade in my kitchen!). We think this dish goes very well alongside meat like steak and lamb. That’s why we are recommending it paired with our delicious Lemon Garlic Marinated Lamb Loin Chops recipe.
Patti’s Easy Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Two boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T softened butter
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- Dash of nutmeg
- Several dashes garlic powder
- Couple of shakes Worchestershire sauce
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Niman Ranch bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl, cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Heat in microwave when ready to serve and top with grated cheese and bacon crumbles.
This easy Creamed Spinach Recipe is great to make ahead for holiday meals! It pairs beautifully with our recipe for Lemon Garlic Marinated Lamb Loin Chops with Mint Vinaigrette too.
2 thoughts on “Patti’s Easy Creamed Spinach Recipe”
Hi Patti: You don’t have to cook the spinach? Only heat in the microwave?
Yes, Joan – All you have to do is heat the spinach in a microwave safe bowl when you’re ready to serve it. Of course, if you like, you can bake it in the oven instead.