This easy Roasted Chicken Recipe with Asian Flavors was sponsored by Perdue Farms, and all content expressed here is my own.
Chicken is our go-to protein in this family. It’s a favorite of ours that we eat all the time because it tastes good and is good for us. Chicken can be boring unless you spice it up, and that’s where my recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors comes in. This is literally one of the easiest recipes ever, and so flavorful you will want to make it again and again.
The key is starting with the right kind of chicken. Chicken does not all taste the same, and the product you choose to buy dictates the quality of cut and flavor. Right now, I am obsessed with Perdue Farms’ Pasturebird product line. These birds are literally raised in pastures with maximum fresh air and sunshine. Perdue Farms is already a leader for the way their chickens are raised, and the Pasturebird pasture raised chicken takes it a step further still.
Perdue Farms Pasturebird Pasture Raised Chicken
These chickens live outside in the pasture 24/7 as soon as they are released from brooding as chicks. They forage for their food, living on a natural diet of seeds, grasses and insects with no antibiotics or hormones added. This is the way chickens were raised on family farms 100 or so years ago!
Our family likes knowing the chicken from Perdue Farms is raised humanely. I like knowing its healthy upbringing translates to clean nutrients I am feeding my family. And we all like how good and natural the Pasturebird chicken tastes. That’s why I use it in my recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors. You can order the Pasturebird Pasture Raised Half Chicken here using my affiliate code, and get 15% off your first order over $129.99.
Recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors
I whipped up this recipe one night when the kids said they were hungry for Asian food. I steamed some broccoli, heated up some frozen potstickers and made this chicken dish. So easy, and so delicious they asked for more.
- 1 Perdue Farms Pasturebird Pasture Raised Half Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons black bean garlic sauce (I get mine in a jar at the grocery store)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Instructions for Making Recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors
This recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors could not be easier.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat half chicken in 1 tablespoon sesame oil and place in baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl to make a chunky sauce.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce on to the top of the chicken, allow in to run down sides.
- Place chicken in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and pour another 1/4 cup of sauce on top and sides of chicken. Place back into the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour remaining sauce over chicken. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Carve and serve in slices, or cut into whole pieces and serve.
I love Asian flavors, and they often mix really well together. Here’s a simple and delicious way to serve this chicken!
Take a flour tortilla and toast both sides very slightly in a pan or on the burner. Spread a healthy dollop of plum sauce down the center, and place slices of chicken on top of the sauce. Next to the chicken, lay one long green onion, 2-3 long thin slices of cucumber, and 1-2 springs of fresh cilantro. Roll up and eat like a taco. SOOOO GOOOOOOOD.
Do You Like Roasted Chicken?
If you like this recipe for Roasted Chicken with Asian Flavors, try these other favorites: