This post on my Healthy Chicken & Rice Bake with Broccoli recipe is sponsored by Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice, and all content and views shared here are our own.
Growing up, my mom was an awesome cook, and dinners at our house were always delicious. So much so, that my friends always hung out late in the afternoon in hopes of a dinner invite. She had a knack of throwing together a meal from ingredients she had on hand, and that is how this recipe was created. My version is a Healthy Chicken and Rice Bake with Broccoli recipe because in those days, mom’s cooking was not as focused on health as we are today.
I’ve updated mom’s version to this Healthy Chicken & Rice Bake with Broccoli recipe by using fresh vegetables and low-fat ingredients. A quick trip to our local Vons store and I can grab all the necessary ingredients in a jiff. Where she used frozen broccoli, I use fresh broccoli florets. Mom used regular yogurt while I suggest using non-fat choices. Where she cooked the chicken herself, I use broiled chicken already cooked from the Vons deli department. Plus, the ease of using Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice makes the recipe that much quicker to prepare. After a busy day of work and activities, that’s a welcome update!
Healthy Chicken & Rice Bake with Broccoli Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pouches Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, separated into pieces about 1-2 inches in diameter
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced fine
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans of low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. To make this Healthy Chicken & Rice Bake with Broccoli recipe, preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a 9×13-inch baking pan, pour olive oil and spread to coat bottom and sides. Add rice and cover bottom of pan evenly.
3. Place broccoli and chicken evenly on top of rice and sprinkle with diced onions. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper. Pour mixture on top of chicken and broccoli careful to cover as much as possible.
5. Cover with foil and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes.
6. Take out pan from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese and return to oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
7. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.Print Recipe