This post was sponsored by Pace® and all opinions expressed in my post about Chile Relleno Casserole are my own.
Our family loves food with a kick, and as the main cook in the family I try to come up with new recipes all the time. With busy schedules and lots of juggling between work and family, there are times when making dinner needs to be as easy as possible. That’s why this recipe for Chile Relleno Casserole is so perfect. It’s so easy to make and so flavorful, especially when topped with Pace® Picante Sauce.
Pace® Picante Sauce is made with smoothly blended tomatoes, chunks of savory onions and hand-picked jalapenos, and adds bold flavor to this recipe. Our family loves Pace® Picante Sauce so much we almost always have a jar on hand to spice up our meals and snacks. You can purchase the Pace® product line at your local Kroger Family store – Ralph’s in our neck of the woods.
Chile Relleno Casserole with Pace® Picante Sauce
What’s great about this recipe for Chile Relleno Casserole is that it’s so versatile and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s also meatless, and in our house it’s good to have recipes like this one because we never know which of our teen girls might be on a vegetarian program at any given time.
For this recipe, choose whichever heat level of Pace® Picante Sauce you like best – mild, medium or spicy.
Makes 8-10 servings
Ingredients for Chile Relleno Casserole
- 1 (27-ounce) can whole green chiles, cut into strips lengthwise
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 heaping tablespoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Pace®Picante Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 pan.
- Layer the pan with 2 to 3 layers of chiles and Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pour the mixture over the layered casserole.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top, spreading it out to cover. Top evenly with the Pace®Picante Sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbling. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe for Chile Relleno Casserole goes great with a side of refried beans and some Mexican-inspired rice topped with more Pace® Picante Sauce, guacamole and a dollop of sour cream. For breakfast, I like to add a poached egg on top!